Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Chilling Tales of horror Book Review


Chilling tales of horror was written by Pedro Rodriguez. Pedro also did the illustrations. For those who want to buy the book I will put the isbn number 978-0-7660-40854. This book has many stories and I will try to summarize all of them.
The hand was written by Guy De Maupassant. The hand was about a judge who was interested in  meeting  a foreigner who became his neighbor and when he mysteriously dies who but the judge could solve his murder.  
Sir Dominick’s Bargain written by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu is about a young man’s pact with the devil. A gambler is promised the world for seven years and all he has to do is give his soul to the devil.
The house of nightmare written by Edward Lucas White is about a man who get into a car accident and stays the night in a very spooky house.
The Vampire written by John William Polidori is  a man who chooses a wierd astriciocrat to be his traveling partner, and finds out that he is more than he appears to be.  
House B On Camden Hill written by Catherine Crowe is about a nice couple who buys a house and turns it into a boarding house, but when their tenant refuses to sleep in the house they begin to realize their perfect house may not be so  perfect after all.
The Black Cat written by Edgar Allen Poe is about a man who is a cruel drunk, and when his cruelty cost him a pet a lot of bad fortune comes his way.  I liked a few stories from this book, but I did not find it spooky. I did however found The House Of Nightmare creepy.  I did not like The Hand by Guy De Maupassant because I just couldn’t get into the story. I also did not like The Vampire by John William Polidori because I thought the main was a coward to keep the identity of the count a secret when he knew what would happen to his sister.
I do recommend this to children ten and up. I think that if they enjoy ghost stories they will enjoy this book. According to FTC regulations I must say that I got a free book but it has not affected my review or my views on the book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment